squid redirector (was Re: exim the standard MTA for slink?)

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Zed Pobre wrote:

> I'm still annoyed, for instance, that sendmail changed it's makemap -f
> hash output without warning (broke my squid redirector until I figured
> out what happened).

if that's my squid-redir script you're using then you probably want to
get the new version. it doesn't use a hashed db file at all any more,
and is HEAPS faster - it now works by generating a perl script with lots
of embedded regexps using perls /o (compile-once) regexp modifier.

see http://taz.net.au/block/ (i mostly use it for blocking banner ads
but it's a generic redirector script). if you are using it, you may
want to subscribe to redirections@taz.net.au - a small group of people
sharing their banner blocking regexps. also, my current banner-blocking
ruleset is always available at http://taz.net.au/block/squid-redir/redir

oh yeah, the current version can now handle those annoying javascript
popup windows from geocities and tripod etc.

craig

ps: one of these years i'll get around to updating the web page for
squid-redir...

--
craig sanders