Re: exim the standard MTA for slink?

martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de (Martin Bialasinski) wrote:

> >> "MM" == Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:
>
> MM> Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> writes:
> >> I've got a bug to switch priorities so exim is the standard MTA.  Is
> >> that the consensus?
>
> MM> yes, it has been discussed at length.
>
> Just to verify: is it a drop-in replacement for sendmail like smail
> is? Specifically, does it have a /usr/lib/sendmail and
> /usr/sbin/sendmail which behave like the sendmail ones? This is
> important for many apps which expect this.

Yes, it has these two links. I'm using here exim since a half year and had no
problem with my apps. From the info-page of exim:

Like many MTAs, Exim has adopted the Sendmail interface so that it can
be a straight replacement for `/usr/lib/sendmail'. All the relevant
Sendmail options are implemented, with two reservations. There are also
some additional options that are compatible with Smail 3, and some
further options that are new to Exim.

Christian
--
M$: Our software of tomorrow will make sure that on your
hardware of tomorrow everything will work at the usual speed. ;-)