Re: /etc/services entries for GNU Zebra?

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 01:44:22PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> zebra (a GPL-ed routing daemon) needs some entries in /etc/services. how
> do i get them allocated?

/etc/services is a conffile of netbase; report a bug against netbase to get
them in the standard version.

netbase provides a DebianNet(3pm) for updating /etc/inetd.conf, but has,
AFAIK, no similar functionality for updating /etc/services.

What I'd do is: in the preinst, grep to see if the required entries are
present; if not, display a message "You must have the following entries in
/etc/services: [...]" and abort.

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go