Re: Apt UI design

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I think this is a rather good idea. How do you want to proceed?

Well, I don't know a thing about Apt (other than using apt-get all the
time and reading Wichert's design for the frontend), so I need a pointer
to the code the GUI will interface with. I imagine I'll start up a
directory in Gnome CVS, or on Debian CVS if you prefer, and write some
GUI.

I really am committed to a bunch of other stuff too (Debian Tutorial,
several subcomponents of Gnome), so I'm serious that I don't have time to
write the hard parts or learn about the low-level details of Apt. But if
you have or will have a working UI backend, connecting that to a Gnome GUI
is simple enough that I can fit it in.

Havoc