Re: Excessive time for 'new-maintainer' processing

Tor Slettnes <tor@slett.net> writes:

> I hope I am not offending anyone, but it seems that a little more
> attention is needed to getting such applications processed.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you.

I'm not sure if any of the people who applied to become Debian
maintainers to help out with the ARM port have been approved.

Something must be wrong here.

It must be awfully discouraging to try to become involved in Debian,
only to discovered that they are being shuffled around by a
bureaucracy.

Maybe this is a sign that there is too much paranoia built into the
process.  Or that the new-maintainer people are just too overwhelmed
(even though they claim that they aren't).  I don't know.

When I signed up (in 1996), there were no identity checks whatsoever.
My approval got screwed up even back then - I got added, but it took
several months before I discovered that fact because nobody sent me a
confirmation or password and I was left off debian-private.  So I know
how you feel.  I guess some things never change.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim