Re: test" boot-floppies set for slink has been uploaded

In article <cistron.19981101033813.22210.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com>,
Kenneth Scharf  <scharkalvin@yahoo.com> wrote:
>And now the bad news:
>
>The rescue floppy doesn't fit in 1.44MB anymore, so I've built a 1.743
>MB
>floppy image. That means you'll have to "superformat /dev/fd0u1743" the
>floppy before doing a "dd if=foo of=/dev/fd0u1743 ...". This format is
>still readable(¿writable?) under MS-DOS and W95.

Don't do this. I've had some very bad experiences with the Linux
fd driver. I'm lucky if it writes a 1440 floppy OK, and it fails
in 80% of the cases with alternate sizes like 1743. I've tested this
on 20 computers at least and only a few were able to write
(and read!) the floppy OK

In short, if you are going to release the boot-floppies set this
way, Debian will be a goner.

Please find another solution. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT acceptable.

Mike.
--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.