Re: rescue-disk kernel

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 06:32:10AM -0600, Greg Norris wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone can point me to some information on what
> drivers are compiled-in (i.e. not modules) to the kernel on hamm's
> rescue-disk image?  I'm trying to generate an alternate rescue-disk
> containing the latest version of the aic7xxx SCSI driver, and I'd prefer
> to otherwise mimic the "normal" kernel as closely as possible.  I was
> able to find out what was compiled as modules by looking at the
> drivers-disk, but haven't been able to determine the full list of
> compiled-in options.

The kernel used in the rescue disk is just Debian's official kernel, the
one that comes in the kernel-image-2.0.34_*.deb package. (It will be
2.0.35 for Debian 2.1).

> The intent is to get this alternate disk-image added to the aic7xxx site
> at ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/aic/, alongside the Red Hat and S.u.S.E.
> bootdisk images.

Great! What about talking to Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org> to use that
driver in Debian's official kernel also?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es