Re: Lawyers needed: Zanshin Public License

Tommi Virtanen writes:
> Anyone feel like playing a lawyer? I'd like to package latte, a
> nice-looking language to generate HTML with (see
> http://www.zanshin.com/latte/), but it has a weird license.

It is DFSG compliant, but is ridiculously verbose and obscure.  Aside from
the clauses granting permission to distribute binaries under non-free
licenses and requiring arbitration, it does nothing the GPL doesn't do, and
takes 363 lines to do it.  If this thing was written by an intellectual
property attorney, he should take up defending drunk drivers.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)