Re: master.debian.org net connection sssssslowwwwwww

On 22 Oct 1998, Philippe Troin wrote:

 : David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:
 :
 : > Is it just me, or is master's net connection really sloooooow as of
 : > late?  I'm getting stuff like this:
 : >
 : > emacs20-el_20.3-4.2_all.d |        308 KB |   0.7 kB/s | ETA: 02:02:48|   5%
 : >
 : > It's agonizing...:->
 :
 : So I'm not alone to have noticed this :-)
 :
 : Last time I've checked with tcpdump, it looked like a lot of outbound
 : packets (seen from master) were dropped for some reason. This started
 : about 2 weeks ago.

Is master by chance connected to UUNet, and/or anywhere near MAE-West?
UUNet has been terrible lately (at least for us), and MAE-West has been
a house of horrors for some time :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD