Wishlist for dselect (was Re: Searching in dselect)

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 04:18:21AM +0200, Frock wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a way to search for a particular type of
> > package in dselect (not based on it's name, but on what it does)?
> > ie. Search the description fields.  This would be really useful when
> > I'm trying to see if there is a debian package of something (this
> > time it was something to do haskell with - hugs as it turned out).

Hi all.

In conclusion, there are a two ways of doing this, as follows:

	grep the package files (I knew this one, but it's not
	the most user friendly approach)
	or
	use the package finder on the debian web page.

However both these approaches have disadvantages (I'll leave it to the
reader to identify these).  Perhaps a description search would be a nice
feature to add to dselect/apt.

Now if someone will tell me how to file a wish list bug.......

Chris