[Help!] Problems with autofs after upgrade to slink...

Hi,

I just finished upgrading my box to slink via dselect.  During the
upgrade I noticed some problems with yp.  After the upgrade finished I
decided to reboot my machine (not that it needed it.  I just wanted to
be safe).  Upon reboot I noticed that some of the directories that were
to be automounted (including home directories of users listed in NIS)
were not being automounted.  I would REALLY appreciate any help in
getting this fixed.

Here is some info that might be of help -

beetle ~# dpkg --list | grep mount
ii  autofs          3.1.1-2        A kernel-based automounter for Linux.
ii  dpkg-mountable  0.8            Enhanced access method for dselect
ii  mount           2.8a-1.1       Tools for mounting and manipulating
filesyst

beetle ~# uname -a
Linux beetle 2.0.35 #1 Sat Aug 15 16:02:57 PDT 1998 i686 unknown

beetle ~# cat /proc/filesystems
        ext2
        umsdos
        msdos
        vfat
nodev   proc
nodev   nfs
nodev   smbfs
        iso9660
nodev   autofs

beetle ~# ypcat -k auto.master
/share/systems auto.systems     -nosuid
/share/builds auto.builds       -nosuid
/share/spool auto.spool -nosuid
/.secure auto.secure.irix
/u auto.home    -nosuid
/m auto.m       -nosuid
/h -hosts
/- auto.direct  -nosuid

beetle ~# ypcat -k auto.home | grep thaths
thaths snarf:/home/thaths

As you see from the above two, my home directory should be /u/thaths

beetle ~# /etc/init.d/autofs status
Configured Mount Points:
------------------------
/usr/sbin/automount /h file /etc/auto.hosts
/usr/sbin/automount /tools file /etc/auto.tools
/usr/sbin/automount /share/tools file /etc/auto.share.tools
/usr/sbin/automount --timeout 10 /mnt file /etc/auto.mnt
/usr/sbin/automount --timeout 10 /misc file /etc/auto.misc
/usr/sbin/automount  /share/systems yp auto.systems nosuid
/usr/sbin/automount  /share/builds yp auto.builds nosuid
/usr/sbin/automount  /share/spool yp auto.spool nosuid
/usr/sbin/automount  /.secure yp auto.secure.irix
/usr/sbin/automount  /u yp auto.home nosuid
/usr/sbin/automount  /m yp auto.m nosuid
/usr/sbin/automount  /- yp auto.direct nosuid

Active Mount Points:
/usr/sbin/automount /tools file /etc/auto.tools
/usr/sbin/automount /h file /etc/auto.hosts

beetle ~# /etc/init.d/autofs restart
Reloading automounter: checking for changes ...
Starting automounter: /h.

Does all of this, in some way, have to do with the syslog problem that
people have been talking about?

Thaths