Re: I propose

--On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 12:59 pm +0200 daville <Didier.DAVILLE@eisti.fr>
wrote:

> Good morning,
>
>    I'm a student in a french engineering school and I develop an
> application of mathematics. The problem is: I'would like what are
> requirements for including this application in one of Linux
> distribution (for example Debian distribution).

Well, the only answer we can give is the Debian answer.  This is as follows:

The software must be 'free'.  The definition of the term 'free' in the
context of debian is given in:

http://www.uk.debian.org/social_contract

[If your web-browser handles content negotiation, and you have set french as
your preferred language, you will see the French version, which you may find
more convenient.  Alternatively, you can use the URL
http://www.uk.debian.org/social_contract.html.fr which jumps straight to the
french version]

So, your software must conform to the 'Debian Free Software Guidlines'
(defined in the second half of that web page).

Then, you need someone to 'package' your software for distribution.  This
might either be yourself (which would require you applying for debian
developer status), or alternatively, any other Debian developer who is
interested in your program.  You could post to this mailing list describing
your program in more detail, to ask if someone wishes to package it.

Hope that helps,

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |