Re: Emacs addon packages--compile upon install?

Michael Stone wrote:

> Simple because you didn't have to worry about xemacs. For other
> maintainers, they'd need e19, e20, xe19, and xe20. That would take what,
> about 100M? Not so elegant.

*shrug* The lesstif maintainer needs more than that just to compile
his package :-)

Supporting only a specific list of emacsen would be a disadvantage,
though.  I bet there are a lot of obscure variations out there that we
wouldn't necessarily want to have in the main distribution.  It would
be nice if the add-on packages worked on them anyway.

Richard Braakman