Re: (WARNING) xfree86 3.3.2.3a-2 (source all i386) uploaded to master

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 06:02:15AM -0400, Gregory S. Stark wrote:

> Branden Robinson <branden.robinson@ibm.net> writes:

> > > Well, this isn't a shared library that's going to be linked to, so
> > > there should be a way to override lintian's behavior.
> >
> > Oh, I get it.  The complaint's not about the file itself, but the absence
> > of mention in a shlibs file.  Okay.  Well, yeah, that should be overridden.
> > The only thing that uses those modules is the X server.
>
> Maybe lintian should be modified to only run the shared library checks on
> files in the standard directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf ?

Actually, James Troup tells me this means that the .so files in question
need to be compiled with the "-lc" option.  If Those in the Know could come
to a consensus on this, perhaps the lintian error tag and/or info could be
rewritten to better explain this error.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    more legs and no brain.