Re: Debian Emacs breaks GPL?

Hi,
>>"Peter" == Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

 Peter> I think there should be a /usr/doc/emacs20/README.Debian what says that
 Peter> /usr/share/emacs/20.3/lisp/startup.el was modified to load
 Peter> debian-startup.el at startup.

    a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
    stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

	So startup.el should contain prominent notices.

 Peter> Should I file a bug report against emacs20?  This presumably
 Peter> applies to all favours of Emacs.

	If startup.el does not contain such a notice, yes,
 indeed. Requiring it in the README files to also have this notice
 should wait for a policy amendment, because as such, that is not a
 bug.

	manoj
--
 I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't
 prove it.