Secure Locate 1.2 (findutils?)

Anyone give any thought to packaging Secure Locate 1.2? Is there any way to
package this without it conflicting with the standard locate provided in
findutils?

This seems like a much better way to enhance privacy without running
updatedb as nobody and thus making users unable to 'locate' files in their
own private directories.

I'd do this myself, but I haven't been accepted as a maintainer yet,
findutils is part of the required base install which I'd rather not be
resposible for breaking, and slocate might require some special permissions
which could decrease security in a ways I haven't fully explored yet.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.ml.org