Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 1998, at 12 h 19, the keyboard of Brian White
> <bcwhite@verisim.com> wrote:
>
> > The following are packages I feel we can remove:
> > netatalk          25598  netalk: several problems (and the solution) [64]  (Joel Klecker <jk@espy.org>)
>
> As a new developer, I just want to be sure. Does it mean we can ship 2.1 with *less* packages than 2.0 and important packages like this one? If so, why would people upgrade to slink?

Slink contains >500 packages more than hamm.  I didn't count that many packages
on Glider's list.

Why upgrade?  Because the packages are newer?  Contain new^H^H^Hless bugs?
Reflect the current development?

Regards,

	Joey

--
Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor