Possible serious problem with the newest sysklogd?

	Hmm, so I just updated the syslogd on my system yesterday (using
dselect, slink 2.1 i386 system).  Then I stopped receiving mail completely
via qmail.  About 4 hours later I realized I hadn't received any mail for
the day and saw no qmail entries in my logs.
	I restarted qmail and received tons of mail, which trickled down
and eventually stopped.  Within 30 minutes, I couldn't receive any more
mail.
	I've traced the problem to splogger blocking.  If I kill splogger,
everything is happy, but no qmail messages get logged.
	Furthermore, I've found that qmail writes to the log for the first
n messages, and then just stops writing, even though messages get through
in the 30 minutes or so that splogger is happy.  Also, I've found that the
initial qmail : starting message is not written to logs via this version
of syslogd.

	If no one has a definite clue or course of action, can someone
tell me where I can find the previous version of syslogd?  If I can get
the previous version, I think I could probably figure out what is going
on.

-Seth

--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"