Re: gnome and gtk--

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> I'm working on it. But even if I get it to compile with Debian
> sources, we still would need another soname for this.

I was going to respond to your earlier message(s), but I see you're
ahead of me.  Ok, for now, I'm just going to assume that you will work
this all out at some point in the not-too-distant future.  And in the
meantime, I'll try hacking something up as you suggest, so that I can
get started on my package.

If I get really stuck, I may scream for help.

> run

> dpkg-buildpackage -B -us -uc

> in the source directory. This should compile you gtkmm packages with
> gnome support. But you also need to edit the debian/control and
> remove the dependency on libgtk-dev if you don't want to use source
> depends. Note that this completely messes up binaries that are linked
> to gtkmm, because the soname doesn't differ. But maybe you don't care

I hope I don't care; I'll probably also rename the package and make it
conflict with gtkmm just as a quick hack so I don't break my own
system.  I'll be anxiously awaiting a more official and reliable
solution, however.  :-)

cheers
or   cwaters@systems.DHL.COM | above, but it is too long to fit into