Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Shaya Potter wrote:

spotte>
spotte>-----Original Message-----
spotte>From: John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.Arizona.EDU>
spotte>
spotte>> Lyx is currently in contrib.
spotte>> Lyx is licensed under the GPL (version 2) .  It is dynamically
spotte>>linked against a non-free library (libforms) .
spotte>> According to the GPL and our interpretation of it in the KDE
spotte>>statement, this means we should not be distributing (binaries at least) of
spotte>>Lyx. For instance, these binaries use .h files from libforms.
spotte>> Unlike KDE, it may be all original code, so that a single change
spotte>>of license from the developers will do.
spotte>
spotte>
spotte>Boy, Mathias Ehtrich is going to think we have something against him. :)
spotte>
spotte>Shaya

	I had no idea he worked on both projects when I wrote that.
Someone just mentioned something about lyx being under the GPL, and I
looked into it.
	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>