Re: How can tell what priority a bug is?

dmartin@clifton-labs.com (Dale E. Martin) writes:
> I maintain cdparanoia, which has bug #23236 filed against it.  This is an
> alpha version of the software, and the bug is that a feature isn't yet
> implemented.

> I don't want this to keep this package out of the new
> release, as its base functionality works extremely well.
>
> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

You are.  For one, the bug is only of normal severity.  Only bugs of
severity Important or greater will keep it out of the stable
distribution.

Moreover, if it's a bug in the upstream software, its not officially
your duty to fix it.  You can forward the bug report to the upstream
maintainers and mark the bug as "forwarded".

You should read the developers-reference materials and
/usr/doc/debian/bug*