Re: The freeze and IMMINENT 2.2.0p1!!

On Fri 09 Oct 1998, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:

> > and the message Linus just sent off to linux-kernel about 2.1.125 and
> > 2.2.0p1 could the freeze be pushed back a week to see if we should QUICKLY
> > re-target slink towards 2.2.0?
>
> I'm not aware of any software in slink that must be updated to work with 2.2
> properly (with the exception of pcmcia-cs); slink currently runs fine with
> 2.1.x (which I suspect quite a few developers run).

Isdnutils needs to be rebuilt; some of the structures passed in ioctl's
have changed. The important stuff from isdnutils refuses to run on 2.2
(you get a message about wrong versions, so at least it doesn't crash).

That said, it's trivial to rebuild (if perhaps a bit longwinded).

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands