Re: what's after slink
just my two cents to this topic:
- Names should be short (<= 6 signs)
- I don't know The Toystory and I'm sure that it isn't kind of
I film I should really watch, but it is a practical naming sheme
(short names which everybody can speak and write)
- The only case where I would accept longer names would be the
Hitchhikers idea. (In contrast to other opinions mentioned
here I think there are as many common things between Debian and
Toystory and Debian and Hitchhiker -- and one common thing has the
Hitchhiker more: IT IS TRUE REALLITY (with ;-) and without ;-) ...
see at the people near you and look at yourself with the eyes of
- Another naming scheme without any background would be A, B, C...
There where programming languages doing this for only three
stages to get *very* popular...
We would have time for 26 releases to find a better naming scheme.
- Names are not importand for the thing itself. When we spend more
time to find a good name than to make a good package then we are
That's my humble opinion.
PS: My wife's name is Katrin and my son's Alexander, called Alex ...
in case you need some further names :-).