Re: what's after slink

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, David Welton wrote:

 : On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 10:45:36PM -0400, Justin Maurer wrote:
 : >
 : > ah, but imdb is missing one important character (at least!).
 : > rc! the radio control car!
 : >
 : > i say "rc" should be 2.2, as i have before.
 :
 : Debian 2.2, on the FTP site, is called sid.  If you guys want to
 : discuss this, at least make it clear that you are talking about 2.3 or
 : 3 or whaterver.
 :
 : hamm - slink - sid
 : 2.0  - 2.1   - 2.2
 :
 : For example, those of us doing the arm port are already using Sid.  We
 : won't have anything for slink.

I thought sid was a "permanent unstable" release, never to be released
as stable.  I don't have the original email in front of me, though.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD