Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

On 03 Oct 1998 00:41:50 +0100, James Troup wrote:

>Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

>> On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 05:36:37PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>> >     Assuming, of course, that Debian will accept them as a developer.

>> Are people with legitimate packaging interests being rejected?

>That's a ridiculously simplistic question that I won't answer (hint:
>there's a bit more to being a suitable person for Debian than having
>``legitimate packaging interests''), but I will say, Steve Lamb's
>implication is grossly unfair, as the number of rejections we've had
>to do so far can be counted on the fingers of a very mutilated hand.

    No, it is not grossly unfair.  I did not cite numbers any more than I did
not.  It was left up to the individual who read it to decide for themselves
what those numbers were.  I can, however, prove that one person has been told
that they would not be accepted if they applied.  That person is me.

    So my statement is accurate and not a "gross" misrepresentation because,
as stated, no numbers were given...  Malformed hand or not.  :P