Re: An X version of dselect for slink

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 03:18:13PM +0200, Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Enrique Zanardi schrieb am 02. Oktober 1998:
>
> > Moving X to the base disks (Auch!) and configuring X just after the first
> > reboot (hard task for a newbie). I'm not excited about that.
>
> Hmm - why not using the minimal X used for XF86Setup? It
> may me bad because it's the minimum - but it's X...

Sounds good. When KGI is working nicely, we will have One True X Server
(well, the choice between XF86_KGI and XF68_FBdev, but...). But until then,
this will probably work.

In fact, I think if/when KGI gets good enough, this will become a non-issue.
But, that's a long way away...

Scitech Display Doctor also claims to work well, having One True X server,
etc., etc., but (a) its not very free, and (b) when I tried beta 3, it
didn't work (Tseng ET6100, Debian slink).

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.