Re: An X version of dselect for slink

Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Since it seems obvious that apt WON'T be finished (GUI bit I mean) before
> freeze of slink, I have started writing an X clone of the Dselect tool.
>
> Although to be ready by 16th will make it pretty much a hack, I think it

Great!  Keep going...

I really, really like the idea of having multiple front-ends for
package selection that we can choose from.

For some of the stuff I want to do, I'm going to need to be able to
customize a front-end.  By having more than one front-end, we should
end up with some good, well-defined interfaces.

Cheers,

 - jIm