Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

[ snip ]

 : also... an option to edit lilo.conf woul dbe nice :)
 : I have found that a few of my machines have requires the Linear option
 : (note: RedHat has the ability to specify an append line...maybe we should too?)

I second this!  An append line is also nice if you've got a screwy ide
controller that needs "hda,hdb" lines passed to the kernel, "aha152x"
lines, etc.  There are times I've cursed extensively while attempting to
install Debian onto older hardware.

Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD
mailto:finn@midco.net           http://www.midco.net
finger finn@home.midco.net for PGP Key: (0xA33B86E9)