Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

[ snip ]

 : also... an option to edit lilo.conf woul dbe nice :)
 : I have found that a few of my machines have requires the Linear option
 : (note: RedHat has the ability to specify an append line...maybe we should too?)

I second this!  An append line is also nice if you've got a screwy ide
controller that needs "hda,hdb" lines passed to the kernel, "aha152x"
lines, etc.  There are times I've cursed extensively while attempting to
install Debian onto older hardware.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD