Re: Is this "license" DFSG free?

(Sorry for the duplicate, I accidentally sent this as a private reply at first)

Craig Sanders wrote:
> i think it is non-free because it doesn't allow anyone to charge a fee
> for the files. this violates paragraph 1 of the DFSG. and possibly para
> 6. and maybe para 9.

I don't think so.  DFSG.1 says:

          The license of a Debian component may not restrict any party from
          selling or giving away the software as a component of an
          aggregate software distribution containing programs from several
          different sources. The license may not require a royalty or other
          fee for such sale.

Note 'as a component of an aggregate software distribution...'.
The files in question are only restricted from being sold separately.

As for 6 and 9, that's stretching :)

Richard Braakman