Re: practices for porters (was Re: large number of source package ...)

apharr>I'd like to add a section in the Developer's Reference talking about
apharr>procedures to be used by porters.  Currently, the Developer's
apharr>Reference is probably x86-centric, a flaw which I would very much like
apharr>to correct.  However, I only have x86 machines here and my experience
apharr>with the procedures used by porters is extremely, *ahem*, second hand.

	The name of another active porter to contact.
Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>

	A section addressed to i386 people giving suggestions to maximize
liklihood of an easy port would be nice.  I have learned some things
slowly and now have to go back and check all my packages.
	eg,  The binary named 'egcc' is not available for all
architectures.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>