FAQ copyright question

Hi!

### This document is Copyright (c)1994-1997 Alligator Descartes, with portions
### Copyright (c)1994-1997 their original authors. This module is released under
### the 'Artistic' license which you can find in the perl distribution.
###
### This document is Copyright (c)1997 Alligator Descartes. All rights reserved.
### Permission to distribute this document, in full or in part, via email,
### Usenet, ftp archives or http is granted providing that no charges are involved,
### reasonable attempt is made to use the most current version and all credits
### and copyright notices are retained ( the I<AUTHOR> and I<COPYRIGHT> sections ).
### Requests for other distribution rights, including incorporation into
### commercial products, such as books, magazine articles or CD-ROMs should be
### made to Alligator Descartes <I<descarte@hermetica.com>>.

I wonder if this is a non-free part.  I'm concerned especially about
"Permission to distribute this document [..] providing that no charges
are involved".  This fails our DFSG in #1 where it says

    1. Free Redistribution

       The license of a Debian component may not restrict any party
       from selling or giving away the software as a component of an
       aggregate software distribution containing programs from
       several different sources. The license may not require a
       royalty or other fee for such sale.

However it also says "Requests for other distribution rights [..]
should be made to Alligator Descartes".  There is no "have to" but
only "should".

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unable to locate coffee, operator halted.  -- Stefan Farsch