Re: libstdc++2.8 is missing from slink

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 02:14:20PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> It's actually been removed very deliberately: the egcs package no longer
> creates libstdc++2.8, so we don't have the source for it in slink. Which
> means it must be removed.

Which is of course the wrong way around. The correct reasoning would have
been: egcs no longer creates libstdc++2.8, but as packages still depend on
that, we keep the libstdc++2.8 package and it source around.

> What someone should do is extract the appropriate source from an older
> egcs package and use that to create a libstdc++2.8 for the oldlibs
> section.

Fortunately there has been no newer upload since the code freeze, so the
archive maintainer can simply copy egcs 1.0.3a and libstdc++2.8 from hamm.

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch