Re: Why do we need lshell?

Ahh, you're right.  This is bad, because limits(5) gives no indication
that the limits are only imposed on logins that actually call
/bin/login.  I would assume that ssh, rsh, xdm, etc. should contain
the same code or calls to process the /etc/limits file, right?  If
they don't, we've got this problem.

Should I file bug reports against those programs?

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org