Re: Problems with ldso?

SP, dom 20 set 15:43:35 1998

hi folks :

    First, I thanks to all for the suggestions.

    I upgraded from "bo" to "hamm" using the "cd_autoup.sh".

    I had installed the libc5 support. All bin files installed run
without problems.

    I writing some programs. These programs do not run. For example the
simplest one :

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  double num;

  scanf("%le", &num);
  printf("sin(%e) = %e\n", num, sin(num));

  return(0);
}

when a run the out coming message is

Segmentation fault

    Perhaps the problem is a trouble with ldso.

    Some information about installed packages is :

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================

ii  libc6           2.0.7t-1       The GNU C library version 2 (run-time
files)
ii  ldso            1.9.9-5        The Linux dynamic linker, library and
utilit
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.7t-1       The GNU C library version 2
(development fil
ii  libc5           5.4.38-1.1     The Linux C library version 5
(run-time libr

    Thank in advance

                                                            Hernán.

--