Intent to package: ruplist

Hi,

A friend of mine once wrote a program called `ruplist', which keeps track of
the uptimes of computers on a LAN (running rwhod). It shows you the
all-time-high record a things like that.

After some talk, I decided to package it.

 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 14696 bytes: control archive= 734 bytes.
     428 bytes,    12 lines      control
     532 bytes,     9 lines      md5sums
 Package: ruplist
 Version: 1.3-1
 Section: net
   Ruplist is a gadget that shows you (if connected to a Local Area Network)
   (LAN) all sites on that LAN with their uptimes and their rankings. These
   rankings depend on the uptime of a site.

It is not released under GPL - these few lines cover the copyright issues:

   RUPLIST - written by Roalt Zijlstra - Copyright 1996

   See for version number the Makefile.

   THIS SOFTWARE IS -AS IS-. USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK THE
   AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR COMPUTER BY USING
   THIS SOFTWARE.

   Ruplist may be distributed freely. Send any improvements or bug fixes to
   Roalt Zijlstra <roalt@cal006033.student.utwente.nl>

So I think it could go in main. I'm not sure however. Any opinions? One more
thing - it makes use of a mode 777 directory /var/spool/ruplist; this is to
allow any user to 'update' the all-time-high statistics. I don't see any
clear exploits - symlinking files to /etc/passwd and stuff is detected
(symlinks get unlink()'ed before used). If someone likes to audit it before
I upload it (if noone objects), I'd like to hear the results of course.

I just put a preliminary version of the package online:
http://master.debian.org/~remco

 -Remco