Re: Info sucks?

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 10:21:04AM -0400, Buddha Buck wrote:
> On  "Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:17:11 +1000.",  Hamish Moffatt said:
> > You've done well. Alas, I find ":q" to be an intuitive way to exit
> > an editor where I find C-x C-c not to be.
>
> Strangely enough, I find :q hard to remember.  My "intuitive" ways to
> exit an editor are C-x C-c, ZZ, and :q!

I don't find ZZ intuitive but do use it for speed ...

> It is an arbitrary personal opinion, after all.  Isn't Alt-F3 the exit
> command for WordPerfect?  Or was that "help"?  Something intuitive like
> that.

F7. The escape key let you enter repeated characters. I would use emacs
any day in preference to WordPerfect. I will admit that WordPerfect's
interface IS worse than emacs's.

I still use Semware's QEDIT on both DOS and NT. Bit slow on NT though
because the DOS emulation isn't much chop. QEDIT uses Wordstar keys.

Hamish