Re: Info sucks?

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 12:26:38PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
>
>    > One of many.  I can get a nice printed copy of a manpage with man -t
>    > bash | lpr, for instance.  One can't search through the entire info
>    > pages, either.  I just don't like them one bit.
>
> Bullsh*t.  You can search an entire Info page with `s'.  You can
> search the index with `i'.

hmmm is that the same 'i' thats missing from your Bullshit?

but seriously I think he meant more on the idea of 'man -k ' where
you can search ALL the pages to find what one you want.

Personally I don't use info...I don't like it. If it wasn't for dwww
I would NEVER read any info docs. Course its like anything...
"my <prefered tool> can beat up your <prefered tool>"

-Steve