Re: Kernel compile fails on Cyrix...

> fog> saying "internal error - cc1 killed by signnal 11".
>
>	Hardware, most likely. Memory?
>
> fog> I never installed Debian on a Cyrix, is this a known cyrix problem?
> fog> If not what can be the cause?
>
>	I have had a cyrix system since 1996, and cyrix I never once
> have had a problem.

There have been reports in other mailing lists that Cyrix 686 CPUs have some
problems with GCC.  One report stated that there was a patch to make it work
properly on a 686.  I believe that these things came about recently because I
have a 686 system that used to compile kernels fine but now won't...

--
This is what they pay me for.