Do we have a consensus on PAM in slink?

I'm willing to start working on PAM patches for existing packages
(netstd, util-linux, passwd, XFree86) but I first need to know:

1. Are we going to move to PAM for slink (i.e. are patches welcome)?

2. Is a pam-0.59 package going to be released soon?  (There apparently
are a few minor API differences, it would save time later on if
patches were based on the newer version.)

3. Can we move the pam modules to /lib/security?  This is where Red
Hat keeps them.  If they stay in /usr/lib/security then "login" won't
work until /usr is mounted.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu