Re: Mailing lists - no CCs? (was Re: more developer identity stuff)

Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> wrote:
> No, those are very bad because it makes it difficult to reply to the
> author (and not to the mailing list).

I disagree.  Or rather, the Reply-To header shouldn't be used in mailing
lists, but it should be perfectly safe to add a Mail-Followup-To:
header if one's not already in place.  And that header, when inserted,
should contain just the list address.

However, just in case: If anyone has a problem with the way their
mailer handles a reply to this message (which contains such a header),
please speak up.  [Unless the problem is only that your mailer ignores
the header.]

--
Raul