Re: Problems trying to build 2.88 meg image.

Dale Scheetz writes:
> > mkdosfs should do the job.  I'm not sure but I believe you can direct some
> > parameters about the size to it.
>
> I have tried all the parameters provided in the man page, and still get:
>
> unable to get drive geometry for '/dev/loop1'

Btw. why are you working with /dev/loop anyway?  How do you call mkdosfs?

You should use something like

	dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/image bs=1k count=2880
	mkdosfs [options] /tmp/image

> While mformat will allow me to specify the "geometry" as coming from a
> file, I have no idea what the 2.88 meg drives geometry looks like, much

Hmm, maybe /etc/mtools could give help?  I seem to remember that
there are some geometries.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!