Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:27:22 -0400, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

>I have to agree here....
>I mean "standard" is standard not "What the average newbie needs"
>The normal newbie doesn't use sed, awk, grep, or much else.

    The normal newbie doesn't use sed, awk, grep, or much else.

    The normal newbie does, however, use tools that use sed, awk, grep, or
much else.

    Take, for example, perl.  How many people dabble in perl, esp. newbies?
Very little.  How many newbies are likely to use tools that use perl?  100%.
;)

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my