Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:09:56 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 08:46:25AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>>     What happens when joe blow realizes that s/\./r/ and he gets the same
>> thing?  Do you change numbering again?
>>
>>     It comes down to hiding and being deceitful without solving anything
>> because every few years you end up "revising" how you "represent" a
>> "revision."
>>
>>     When they learn, what do you do then?

>Teach them why it is so.

    I know I said the previous message would be my last post but I started
going back and hit this one.  This is exactly my point.  *TEACHING* them is a
better answer than *FOOLING* them.  So why not *TEACH* them that 2.0.1 is
just a small revision to the 2.0 release instead of *FOOLING* them?

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my