Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On 27-Aug-1998, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@debian.org> writes:
>
> > The problem of increasing the version number such as releasing 2.0.1
> > and 2.0.2 is that many people, vendors, book stores etc. will think
> > that this is a completely new version of Debian and the "old" ond
> > is obsolete.
>
> Then the right answer is to educate them about the truth, not to
> insert a useless letter into the version numbering scheme, eh?

Sure, we'll use the donations so far to run a massive TV advertising
campaign on how to interpret the version numbers.

> I fail to see the difference between inserting an "r" and not
> inserting an "r".

Good, that means you don't have a problem with it.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson@tyse.net>   http://tyse.net