Re: dpkg suggestion

Hi,
>>"Vincent" == Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com> writes:

 Vincent> AFAIK, we still don't have any good way to know which
 Vincent> installed libraries are unused...

PKG-NODEP(1)   User Contributed Perl Documentation   PKG-NODEP(1)

NAME
       pkg-nodep - List of packages that are not targets.

SYNOPSIS
        usage: pkg-node [options]
        where the options are:

       --nocheck-recommends

       --check-recommends   Check Recommends as well [OFF]

       --nocheck-suggests

       --check-suggests     Check Suggests as well   [OFF]

       --installed-packages <Package-file-for-installed-packages>

DESCRIPTION
       This utility details out the list of packages installed
       that have no other packages that depend on them
       (optionally also checks Recommends and Suggestions).

        The default is to assume that the list of installed packages may be
        derived from the file I</var/lib/dpkg/status>, but the user may
        override this by providing a I<Packages> file listing all the
        packages that are assumed to be installed.

CAVEATS
       This is very inchoate, at the moment, and needs testing.

BUGS
       None Known so far.

AUTHOR
       Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>

--
 Tactical?  TACTICAL!?!?  Hey, buddy, we went from kilotons to
 megatons several minutes ago.  We don't need no stinkin' tactical