debian-cd scripts

Ok, I'm once again over my head in Makefile language ...

I'm making a set of Debian CDs for local use only (no selling or
distribution involved).  Therefore, I'd like to have all of non-free on
a CD.  This ought to be possible, since the debian-cd package has a
non-free script.  It also wants you to provide a list of packages from
non-free that are "ok".

If I add all the packages to the list, I get an error:

cp: copying multiple files, but last argument
(hamm/non-free/source/graphics/xwpick_2.20-5.dsc) is not a directory
Try `cp --help' for more information.

Looking at the "Makefile" (actually "Rules.non-free") it does indeed
appear to be an incorrect syntax for xargs.

However, I don't want to peruse a filelist, I want to add all the files
in binary-all, binary-i386, and source dirs.  So I steal a rule from
"Rules", and change the target to look like this:

install-non-free:
        (cd $(ARCHIVE); cp -dpRPl \
                hamm/non-free/binary-all \
                hamm/non-free/binary-i386 \
                hamm/non-free/source \
                $(TMPDIR)/debian );
        ./strip_packages.pl $(TMPDIR)/debian/hamm/non-free \

This really freaks out!  I get:

Rules.non-free:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.

(Line 6 is the line with the cd and cp commands)

Help?  What in the heck am I doing wrong?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD