Re: developer database comments

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 12:53:26PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> http://db.debian.org/ is looking good, but a couple of remarks:
>
> - searching on name should be case-insensitive, like it is on altavista
>   / dejanews / etc.  It took me a couple of tries before I realized this.

yes had to look up myself as "arpenter" ...worked tho (I like the
idea of being able to use perl reg expressions)

> - One of the private fields has the following comment:
>
>     Map Coordinates
>                 (degrees West and East. Example for New York: 40.75, -74.00)
>
>   Methinks this should be "degrees North and East"... :-)

hmm now to get a GPS unit...hmm... transmit my coordinates back to my box
...then via a cron job ever 2 mins....

> - The "end" line of the PGP block is not on a new line, instead it's
>   tacked onto the end of the last line of code.

I would recommend puttint the entire pgp key block in either
<CODE> or more probably <PRE>
hmm looking at it in nutscrapes view source....yes yes ...
the pgp key looks quite nice with a mono-space font ;)
-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"