Re: Intent to package GNU Robots

On 15-Aug-98 Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 1998 at 01:06:07AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Previously Adam Klein wrote:
>> > GNU Robots is a game/diversion where you construct a program for a
>> > little robot, then watch him explore a world.
>>
>> Is this the same as gnobots which is in the gnome-gnobots package?
>
> No, it is a roboter "simulation", not the classic robots game.

There has been a very nice implementation for the
Amiga (AmigaRobots) and I think there was a version
for M$DOS (Windows?) called CRobots.

I am looking forward to see GNU Robots!

> It's more like "core wars", I think, if everyone remembers it.

Sure!  ;)

---
  Florian Hinzmann               f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
                                 fh@dipa.de, fh@debian.org
NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD  43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1