Re: Using Debian GNU/Linux as base for commercial linux

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> On the downside, rsyncd currently uses more memory than ftpd,
> because it puts the entire directory tree into memory at once AFAIK.

I'm also having a hard time figuring out how to do what I want with
its globbing mechanism.  Say you wanted to ignore all the dists, but
i386 and source, the straigtforward thing to say would be:

+ */binary-i386/
+ */binary-i386
+ */binary-all/
+ */binary-all
- */binary-*

(you have to duplicate the entries because you want to get/ignore
symlinks or directories)

However, with these rules, if someone uploads a new package named
binary-frobnicator-2.44.1-2 you'll ignore it.  Unless I'm missing
something obvious, this is another case where globs are not the right
tool for the job.

What I really want to say is:

+ .*/binary-(i386|all)/?