Re: Packages vs. files on mirrors

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 01:48:01AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > > All official sites will soon be required to be push mirrors specifically
> > > to eliminate this problem. They will all mirror at exactly the same time
> > > of day, approximately 1:30pm cst. When a push mirror runs it creates a
> > > file in the archive root indicating such.
> >
> > Jason, could you (and everyone else of course) please state times in UTC
> > as well? Not everyone among us knows all the timezones out there, but
> > everyone should at least know UTC.
>
> date -R is your FRIEND!

$ date -R
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:27:53 +0200

In what way does that help me to find out the difference (in time) between
UTC and CST? Or between UTC and any other timezone, for that matter?

I really think mirror times should be stated in UTC and not in the local
time for whatever timezone the mirror (or master) happens to be in.

Remco